* able , capable, enable, ability
- be able to + المصدر
. Omar is able to play football.
- Be capable of + v.ing
. Omar is capable of playing football.
- enable +مفعول + to + المصدر
. A computer enables engineers to do well.
- have the ability to:
. The teacher has the ability to teach English well.
* manage, succeed
- manage to + المصدر
. She managed to answer the question.
- succeed in + v.ing
. She succeeded in answering the question
* favourite, favourable, favour, in favour of
- favourite: المفضل
. English is my favourite subject
- favourable : لطيف مؤيد، فى صالح
. It is sunny and favourable
. Their opinion is very favourable.
- favour جميل: معروف
- in favour of :يؤيد
. I did them a favour
. He dcs in favour of mobiles
* effect, affect
- affect = have effect on يؤثر على
(affect : فعل لا يأخذ حرف جر )
. Reading affects character greatly
. Reading has a great effect on character.
* trade with / in
- trade with: يتجر مع شخص أو شركة......
. My father trades with great companies.
- trade in يتجر فى سلعة
. My father trades in computers.
* Hire, rent
- hire: يستأجر(لفترة قصيرة) مقابل مبلغ من المال
. We hired a flat during the summer holiday.
- rent:يستأجر(لفترة طويلة) مقابل مبلغ من المال
. We rented a flat for six years.
* lend, borrow
. Ibrahim lent Osama a camera
. The student borrowed a book from the library.
- owe:يدين لـ
. I owe him ten pounds.
* I'd rather, I'd better+ المصدر
- I'd rather= would rather: I'd rather play football.
. 'd rather+مصدر than مصدر
. I'd rather read a book than watch TV
- We'd better= had better